Main > The Armoury

Looking for leg armor

<< < (5/6) > >>

Sir William:
There's a lot of things out there that would look silly paired (or not) up.  I once saw a guy wearing mail under a padded gambeson.  That's like wearing your smallclothes on the outside.  lol

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-09-20, 19:17:00 ---There's a lot of things out there that would look silly paired (or not) up.  I once saw a guy wearing mail under a padded gambeson.  That's like wearing your smallclothes on the outside.  lol

--- End quote ---

Actually that was sometimes done. But yeah, I think it's silly too. :)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-09-19, 03:54:27 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-09-18, 23:12:16 ---you need to do some more searching on the site, i think you may have only been to one page.

also, allan doesn't make true cased greaves that i know of, his have articulations at the top

--- End quote ---

Uhhh, this site only has 12 items under legs >_<  http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=26

--- End quote ---

That's because he makes all of them. If you find a site with more, there is a 99% chance they are just reselling someone else's stuff - most likely GDFB or India/Pakistan armor, which is "one size fits you, or you modify it yourself". I haven't seen an armorer with prices like MercTailor and the diversity he has who makes all their own stuff, and I've had armor for 15 years. Just some friendly advice to try to save you wasting money on things that probably won't fit well and you'll end up replacing. :)

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-09-20, 21:20:07 ---
--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-09-19, 03:54:27 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-09-18, 23:12:16 ---you need to do some more searching on the site, i think you may have only been to one page.

also, allan doesn't make true cased greaves that i know of, his have articulations at the top

--- End quote ---
Hmm  i see, im probably going to get the legs for 277 $
Uhhh, this site only has 12 items under legs >_<  http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=26

--- End quote ---

That's because he makes all of them. If you find a site with more, there is a 99% chance they are just reselling someone else's stuff - most likely GDFB or India/Pakistan armor, which is "one size fits you, or you modify it yourself". I haven't seen an armorer with prices like MercTailor and the diversity he has who makes all their own stuff, and I've had armor for 15 years. Just some friendly advice to try to save you wasting money on things that probably won't fit well and you'll end up replacing. :)

--- End quote ---

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-09-20, 22:18:08 ---Hmm  i see, im probably going to get the legs for 277 $

--- End quote ---

One of my favorite styles! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version