Main > The Armoury

Looking for leg armor

<< < (4/6) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-09-18, 18:57:23 ---
--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-09-18, 03:57:26 ---I second Allan at MercTailor. I have a set of his plate greaves; I'd take pics to show the quality of the work, but I just sent them out earlier this week for tweaking to be attached as a single-piece thigh to ankles leg harness. At his price, they're an absolute steal, and I can't stress that enough. He was not doing any custom work the last I spoke with him, but he has one of the widest varieties of "off the rack" armor I have seen; it is sized to your measurements, so "off the rack" simply meaning "stock patterns" and no custom work.

--- End quote ---

I only saw like 5 things on the catalog though

--- End quote ---

Check around some of the armorers. Some of them only do 14th century, or 16th, or 15th, or soupcan knees/3pc/5pc, some who do arms/legs don't do body armor, some who do limbs & body don't do helms. The exception being if it's an online store that simply resells stuff made in India/Pakistan or a few of the large overseas producers. Allan has a great variety considering that it's all hand-made and all made by him/his employees.

Sir Wolf:
you need to do some more searching on the site, i think you may have only been to one page.

also, allan doesn't make true cased greaves that i know of, his have articulations at the top

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-09-18, 23:12:16 ---you need to do some more searching on the site, i think you may have only been to one page.

also, allan doesn't make true cased greaves that i know of, his have articulations at the top

--- End quote ---

Uhhh, this site only has 12 items under legs >_<  http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=26

Sir Wolf:
ok. u said like 5 for the site. he has 12 different legs, thats pretty good for a armourer.

but as you said you were looking for crusades so mail is what your legs would have been covered in. maybe padded chausis and simple knee cops. at most :}

Sir Edward:

Just don't wear sabatons without greaves. That would look silly. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version