Main > The Armoury

Looking for leg armor

<< < (3/6) > >>

SirNathanQ:
Sorry, friend. Late crusades is too early for plate leg armour.  :P
The first real full plate thigh defenses really start kicking around in about 1370 or so.

The later crusades (if you mean the crusades in the holy land) were in the 13th century. There your options are full chausses of maille, or chausses and padded cuisses.

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2011-09-17, 12:20:35 ---Sorry, friend. Late crusades is too early for plate leg armour.  :P
The first real full plate thigh defenses really start kicking around in about 1370 or so.

The later crusades (if you mean the crusades in the holy land) were in the 13th century. There your options are full chausses of maille, or chausses and padded cuisses.

--- End quote ---

Meh...well, im not going for historical accuracy, kind just doing my own thing right now lol

Sir James A:
I second Allan at MercTailor. I have a set of his plate greaves; I'd take pics to show the quality of the work, but I just sent them out earlier this week for tweaking to be attached as a single-piece thigh to ankles leg harness. At his price, they're an absolute steal, and I can't stress that enough. He was not doing any custom work the last I spoke with him, but he has one of the widest varieties of "off the rack" armor I have seen; it is sized to your measurements, so "off the rack" simply meaning "stock patterns" and no custom work.

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-09-18, 03:57:26 ---I second Allan at MercTailor. I have a set of his plate greaves; I'd take pics to show the quality of the work, but I just sent them out earlier this week for tweaking to be attached as a single-piece thigh to ankles leg harness. At his price, they're an absolute steal, and I can't stress that enough. He was not doing any custom work the last I spoke with him, but he has one of the widest varieties of "off the rack" armor I have seen; it is sized to your measurements, so "off the rack" simply meaning "stock patterns" and no custom work.

--- End quote ---

I only saw like 5 things on the catalog though

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2011-09-16, 19:24:38 ---If you're doing 15th century, lower legs weren't always armoured. Good way to get around the expensive greave problem  :P

--- End quote ---

ummm no i do not support this hehehe i have seen more greaves alone than full legs without greaves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version