Main > The Armoury

Looking for leg armor

(1/6) > >>

Leganoth:
Sabatons first of all, do they have a bottom? Is it just a metal boot or does it cover a shoe or what.

Anyways its hard to find full leg armor that matches my kit, I dont want these common churburg sabatons but ill get them if i cant find others

I need greaves and upper thigh armor with front and back plates, any sites with some?

Sir Brian:
What time period have you focused on for your kit?

Sir William:
Also, how much are you willing to spend?  I can tell you that 'off the rack' armor doesn't fit very well as its made to host a range of sizes.  I had mine custom-made for me...really the best way to go, but not the only way.

Sabatons are a covering for the feet...they are not full steel boots.  Depending on the time period you are looking to portray, you may not be looking for full legs w/wrap plates and cased greaves.  A lot of leg armor was front facing, so viewing a knight from behind and you'd see a lot of straps and the leggings the armor's covering on the front.

Leganoth:
The max I could probably do for 1 leg would probably be 300 including thighs and greaves. Is there backs to the legs or is it all front

Sir Wolf:
then u arent gonna get much. good fitting greaves start at 1000-2000. sabs go for 300 and uppers can start at 300. greaves are the hardest part of the body to form. so many angles to that part of the leg.  off the rack stuff can be had at kult of athena.com

sabatons dont have bottoms. they are usually strapped at the ankle to the back part and then pointed at the toe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version