Main > The Armoury

Rondel Dagger

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir Edward:
Pamela, lol! I do remember you telling the story about the stilettos. :) did you ever get the bladed kind or is it still on your wishlist? :)

Bill, yes, that's true... Arg, dang sales tempting me.. I also want this one: http://www.armor.com/dagg058.html - Have you handled it? I don't know anything about it's weight and feel, etc. Just looks like a very classic medieval design (hence the name of course).

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Das Bill on 2008-06-06, 16:31:30 ---Cool, Brian. Do you have it yet?

I've handled one of those before, and I think they did a nice job, especially for the price. The design they chose is slightly unusual in that the grip is very long. You can't really tell until it is in hand. When I say unusual, though, I don't mean innacurate: There are period images of rondel daggers with long grips, they just aren't the most common. So this design is quite plausible. They did a pretty good job on that particular piece, in my opinion.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately not yet...I just ordered it 10 minutes before creating the thread.  ;)

Thanks for letting me know of it's quality! I was going to wait on purchasing that one until I
found it at that web sight for that reasonable price so I just had to get it. It's much better
than my $10.00 "temporary" dagger which I bought @ PARF last fall.  :D

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2008-06-06, 17:04:32 ---Bill, yes, that's true... Arg, dang sales tempting me.. I also want this one: http://www.armor.com/dagg058.html - Have you handled it? I don't know anything about it's weight and feel, etc. Just looks like a very classic medieval design (hence the name of course).

--- End quote ---

No I haven't handled it. But if you buy it, then it might spare me the temptation of getting one myself. ;)

I'm thinking of buying a dagger from them before the sale is over. One week left.

(Of course, I'm actually thinking of buying a lot of things from them before the sale is over, but a dagger is one of the only things I could actually afford!)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Das Bill on 2008-06-06, 19:24:05 ---No I haven't handled it. But if you buy it, then it might spare me the temptation of getting one myself. ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh I see how this works! lol :)  Yeah, I'm very tempted. I too see lots of things I want, but I still have my Albion to pay off. I can afford a dagger though!

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2008-06-06, 19:38:29 ---
--- Quote from: Das Bill on 2008-06-06, 19:24:05 ---No I haven't handled it. But if you buy it, then it might spare me the temptation of getting one myself. ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh I see how this works! lol :)  Yeah, I'm very tempted. I too see lots of things I want, but I still have my Albion to pay off. I can afford a dagger though!

--- End quote ---

Actually, I had another idea. You could buy the dagger, and then sell it to me at a discount at some time in the future. :)

Seriously, I'm quite tempted. I may actually get it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version