Main > The Armoury

My project this month (Warning bad drawing here)

<< < (5/6) > >>

Sir Brian:
At the risk of seeming too obtuse, the helm you intend to use the magnets on isn't stainless steel right?  ???

Sir William:
That is an excellent question...and a valid one at that.  No matter how strong the magnet, if the helm is stainless you won't get any sticking going on.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-09-12, 15:29:00 ---That is an excellent question...and a valid one at that.  No matter how strong the magnet, if the helm is stainless you won't get any sticking going on.

--- End quote ---

A second magnet glued inside the helmet *might* take care of that; seems like the magnetic force that strong could work through steel, but I'm sure at a cost to it's potency. Great point, Sir Brian.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-09-12, 22:53:03 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-09-12, 15:29:00 ---That is an excellent question...and a valid one at that.  No matter how strong the magnet, if the helm is stainless you won't get any sticking going on.

--- End quote ---

A second magnet glued inside the helmet *might* take care of that; seems like the magnetic force that strong could work through steel, but I'm sure at a cost to it's potency. Great point, Sir Brian.

--- End quote ---
That could work, but the adhesive holding the inner magnet would become the weakest point but worth trying. :)

Leganoth:

--- End quote ---

My helm is carbon steel with a brass cross

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version