Main > The Armoury

Breastplates and backplates

<< < (6/7) > >>

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Syr William on 2011-08-31, 18:45:06 ---
--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-08-30, 22:28:53 ---What sites have coats of plates on them? Havent seen many of those, I like the look a little too

--- End quote ---

I've heard nothing but good things about this one in particular- I should caution you, in this game, you get what you pay for...you would be very lucky to find a quality piece on the cheap.  Not saying you can't, but you have to keep the mindset that you get quality when you pay for it.

http://www.wintertreecrafts.com/CoP.html

Sh*t thats expensive, and why are the drags so much!

I'm in the process of acquiring a used brig...similar to the CoP but the plates are smaller fronted and backed by linen where the CoP is fixed to a leather garment thereby making it more durable, imho.

--- End quote ---

Sir William:
The dags you mean; they're cut and shaped to fit, then riveted onto/under a matching leather piece.  Like I said previously, you want quality, you have to pay for it.

I went the cheap-o route, a lot of us did at one point and we've all come to the same conclusion- off the rack armor just doesn't cut it.

I've had cheap butted mail and experienced ring loss after the first faire season; bought a 'small' sized breast and back plate on eBay for less than $100 - it fit like it was made for a man much shorter and much fatter than me.

When it comes to hard armor, unless it was made specifically for you, you're just not going to be happy with it...something's not going to be right.  Even something so small as a 1/4 or 1/2 inch in difference can cause armor bites or leave you exposed.

You might give making your own a try...you can acquire the sheet metal and cut it to the shapes as outlined by the sites Sir Gerard posted.  I know Mad Matt sells his CoP instruction kit for like $10.

Leganoth:
10 dollasr for a CoP kit? where do i sign up lol! and what skills would i need for that

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-09-01, 22:06:53 ---10 dollasr for a CoP kit? where do i sign up lol! and what skills would i need for that

--- End quote ---
$10 for the instructions, not a kit.  You still have to purchase steel, leather, rivets, buckles, etc.  ;)

Leganoth:

--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2011-09-01, 23:43:03 ---
--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-09-01, 22:06:53 ---10 dollasr for a CoP kit? where do i sign up lol! and what skills would i need for that

--- End quote ---
$10 for the instructions, not a kit.  You still have to purchase steel, leather, rivets, buckles, etc.  ;)

--- End quote ---

oh god they dont sell that kinda stuff around here lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version