Main > The Armoury

My armor light Kit

<< < (4/7) > >>

Sir Gerard de Rodes:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-08-28, 14:25:39 ---
@ Sir Gerard:
I got mine from GDFB and here is a link to the original discussion in which Lord Rodney graciously provided some links to some of the vendors that sell them.  :)
http://modernchivalry.org/forum/index.php/topic,988.0.html

http://www.gdfb.co.uk/acatalog/GETDRESSEDFORBATTLE__Starter_Mild_Steel_Chainmail.html

--- End quote ---

Many thanks Sir Brian, I must have missed that conversation  ::)

My maille leg fronts do have a little that sits on the top of my feet ( I will get around to photographing them sooner or later  :-[ ) but they do not enclose the whole of the top of my foot.
G.
G.

Sir Brian:
No worries Sir Gerard! It actually reminded me that I need to take some follow up pictures on how I ended up securing the sabatons to the soles of my boots! :)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-08-28, 20:24:08 ---No worries Sir Gerard! It actually reminded me that I need to take some follow up pictures on how I ended up securing the sabatons to the soles of my boots! :)

--- End quote ---

I'd be quite interested to see. :)

Sir Brian:
I originally stitched a regular #10 flat washer directly onto the sole at the tip and on each side of the boot in
the middle toe (metatarsal bone) area of my boot as this picture shows.

(sabatons)

This proved the concept was sound but the rubber sole was insufficient to withstand the stress and the washer
would eventually rip out of the sole. I then remembered the metal plates screwed into the soles for
tap shoes and figured I could make the same thing but solder a round lug onto the plate so I can attach the
rings of the sabaton to or interlace them with leather cording, either way works fine.  :)

Sir Wolf:
the screws dont effect your walking at all? neat. i have seen it done with those U staples as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version