Main > The Armoury

About my amazon chaps

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir Gerard de Rodes:

--- Quote from: Syr William on 2011-08-19, 14:54:12 ---One of our brethren, Sylvanus, made suspenders in a criss-cross shape to deal with keeping his chausses up.  A regular belt will cause all of the weight to drag on the hips and you will feel it after a little while.  He devised the straps so that his shoulders would help bear some of the weight.  You could also look into getting one of Pitbull Armory's C-belts...they have extra leather on the hips so that the weight distributes more evenly across that area instead of right on top of the pelvis.  In fact, I just ordered one for my plate leg harness.  You can email him:  leiderandy@yahoo.com - he takes Paypal and his turaround times are pretty swift.  I may even get mine in time for the first weekend of MDRF but if not, I'll go as a Templar or Crusader again.  Yea...because I need an arming cotte too and I can't afford one just yet.

--- End quote ---

These type of belts are a great solution, I have used a weight lifting belt with over the shoulder, crossed straps for some years and found them to be the most comfortable "quick fix".
If you are talking about plate cuisse then the only propper way to suspend them (IMHO) is a pointed arming doublet, or point them to your arming/padded jack.
G.

Leganoth:
Alright well my mom said the lady was going to overnight send it to us, she called friday so mail doesnt come saturday/sunday (right?) so they should send monday or what?

Sir Edward:

Yeah, more often than not, "overnight" translates to "next business day", unless they pay more for Saturday delivery.

Leganoth:
Ahh I see, I was never good at remembering mailing schedules 

Sir James A:
I suggest using a pourpoint with the chausses. They are MUCH more comfortable that way. If you don't have a pourpoint, then points on the arming coat are a good alternative. I don't have any experience with the C-belt, but a regular belt will not hold heavy leggings for very long without either digging into you or sagging/poorly supportive.

Glad to hear they sent the other one. That seemed really odd they'd sell one leg at a time, unless it was pirate gear... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version