Main > The Armoury

About my amazon chaps

<< < (4/4)

Sir William:
How old is that pic, Sir Edward?

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Syr William on 2011-08-23, 14:32:23 ---How old is that pic, Sir Edward?

--- End quote ---

Spring 2008, at NCRF. All my belts are doubled up in that shot because I just bought some, and threw them over everything else so I didn't need to carry them. I had gotten that helm and surcoat put together just in time for MDRF about 6 months earlier. The shield had its base coats over the winter, and I hadn't painted the charges yet or added the crest to the helm.

The mail chausses were also my attempt at an aluminum set, and that I think was my first time out with them.

So very much an "in progress" photo.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2011-08-23, 04:41:25 ---Ahahaha!! Great work Sir Edward!! I like your armor! Anyway to cut short long chain sleeves i want midsleeved like you so i could get vambraces and such

--- End quote ---

If it's butted mail, just remove a row of rings and the sleeve will "detach". If it's rivited, you can cut/break the rings. A chisel might be the easiest way, if you have a good, sharp, hardened steel one available. If the sleeves aren't too baggy, you can always wear the vambrace over the sleeves, too.

Sir William:
Or do like I did and let the sleeves drape over the vambrace...sounds weird but it didn't look too bad considering I was suffering from bingo wing syndrome.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version