"The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time."
                -- Joe Girard

Author Topic: For Sale: Wooden Sword Display Box  (Read 10890 times)

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
For Sale: Wooden Sword Display Box
« on: 2011-08-16, 13:16:58 »
Quote from: Sir Edward in the Knight of the Week thread
Hmm, that is a nice way to display a sword. Maybe I need to invest in some custom shadow boxes or something.

For Sale: Wooden Sword Display Box cross posted from myArmoury.
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: For Sale: Wooden Sword Display Box
« Reply #1 on: 2011-08-16, 13:57:45 »
wow that is nice. but for one of those you would need an office setting etc to display it. me, i have a cubby hole in the basement ahhahaha my office has long been gone into a bedroom.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-08-16, 14:32:12 »
I can't see it...will have to wait til I get home I suppose.  :)
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
« Reply #3 on: 2011-08-16, 14:43:19 »
Price drop to $99 plus shipping!
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2011-08-16, 14:45:23 »
Rodney, thanks for posting the pic...you wouldn't happen to know the dimensions would you?  Like, how long is that spatha in the box?  I may not have any swords short enough to fit.  Looks like a really nice box though.  Do the swords come with?  LOL - we all wish!
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
« Reply #5 on: 2011-08-16, 15:03:35 »
Quote from: Christopher E. on myArmoury
I have a new, still in the packaging, wooden sword display box for sale. I purchased it when I thought I was going to expand my collection but then I decided to pair back some so it's no longer needed. It has a black felt interior, glass lid, is medium/dark walnut finish and brass hardward, comes with brass hooks to hang your sword(s), and is lockable. I have really liked mine and think they're an extremely classy display method. They also keep your collection safe from wandering hands.

The outside dimensions are 42-inches long X 12-inches wide X 4-inches deep. The inside dimensions are 40.5-inches long X 10.5-inches wideX 3-inches deep. The one I have for sale is exactly like the bottom display (smaller) case in the attached picture. I have it setting on a stand (which I bought separately) but it comes with hardware to hang it from a wall.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #6 on: 2011-08-16, 15:29:32 »

Not bad for single-handers. Most of my nicer swords are longswords, but not all. I don't have a place to display it currently either, but I need to re-think how I'm doing things, so I'll keep this in mind as an idea.

The old 7-sword wall-racks I have really aren't very pretty.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 2011-08-16, 15:34:26 »
Well...my Arn just might fit...w/out the scabbard that is.  Maybe I could display sword and scabbard alongside one another.

Agreed on those swordracks, Sir Edward...altho they're better than the 16 sword stands I've seen.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #8 on: 2011-08-16, 15:45:48 »

I have one of those too, though it's probably more like a 12-sword stand. I never took it out of the box. My thinking is that when we move to a bigger house, I might use that huge floor-stand for the junky swords, and work on nice wall displays for the good ones. And just ditch the wall-racks.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 2011-08-16, 18:50:20 »
If you had a large room, it could be the centerpiece.  Definitely something to keep in mind.  Once I get a larger house, I'll be able to do more w/displays and stuff.  Working on getting a sword rack built, but a utilitarian one- more for storage than display.  All of my 'special' swords will be in this rack and all of the ones that are not will be on the wall.

Frater de Beaumanoir

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Romans 13:4
« Reply #10 on: 2011-08-16, 21:48:28 »
Well...my Arn just might fit...w/out the scabbard that is. 

You also have an Albion Arn blade and scabbard?

I'm not worthy....... :P

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #11 on: 2011-08-17, 13:44:48 »
Well...my Arn just might fit...w/out the scabbard that is. 

You also have an Albion Arn blade and scabbard?

I'm not worthy....... :P

He does, and it's gorgeous. :)

It makes me mad that MDRF doesn't allow swords. I'd love for us all to come in with our sword bling.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 2011-08-17, 14:13:13 »
Sir Edward, you and I both.  I understand the concern and the reason for their ruling as you described it to me last year...who knows, maybe they'll relax it someday, especially if they are aware that we're an actual order and not just one of the costumers.

Frater, I do indeed.  Here's a pic I pulled off of DBK's website, he has it in his featured projects gallery.  It is not an exact copy of the Arn scabbard...I wanted something to differentiate it from all of the others so he embellished it a little.  Added a matching fuller w/crosses on the scabbard itself, and one or two other things that escape me now.  It is a lovely sword with sweet handling characteristics.  I have named her...La Ira Destraillado.  'The Wrath Unleashed'.  If you can translate it into Latin, I'd be much obliged.  ;)

« Last Edit: 2011-08-17, 14:20:59 by Syr William »