Main > The Courtyard

Sword and heater shield.

<< < (2/14) > >>

Sir Brian:
Hmmm, this discussion has me thinking about a future MASHS free-play session…I have a heater shield and you have a heater shield…maybe we could play around with those instead of the bucklers?  ???

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-08-11, 19:10:11 ---Hmmm, this discussion has me thinking about a future MASHS free-play session…I have a heater shield and you have a heater shield…maybe we could play around with those instead of the bucklers?  ???

--- End quote ---

Well, I don't want to bash up the paint on my faire shield. But I can bring the Rotella for sure.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-08-11, 19:11:37 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-08-11, 19:10:11 ---Hmmm, this discussion has me thinking about a future MASHS free-play session…I have a heater shield and you have a heater shield…maybe we could play around with those instead of the bucklers?  ???

--- End quote ---

Well, I don't want to bash up the paint on my faire shield. But I can bring the Rotella for sure.

--- End quote ---

Well it's only paint! Besides don't you think our shields maybe a little too pristine?  ;)

SirNathanQ:
Make sure to take a video guys! I would like to see this!

Yes, I personally plan to do SCA one day, and a good bit of what I've seen works, except for the cuts and guards that are SCA tailored. (Iron Chicken, Blocking with a clamshell, dependance on wrap shots, ect)
I think SCA stuff would really translate over well to a mace. No pesky edge alignment with one of those, and the handling isn't as huge of an issue as with a sword (Weighted sticks tend to handle like weighted sticks  ;)) 
And knights did spend a good part of their time fighting on foot, especially in the 14th century where the full-fledged heater as we know it developed.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-08-11, 19:22:21 ---Well it's only paint! Besides don't you think our shields maybe a little too pristine?  ;)

--- End quote ---

Ugh. Those charges were a pain to do, and they'd scrape right off. I'd rather get a second shield to beat up. :)

Then again, I still have my templar shield. I wouldn't mind beating that one up. It's the one whose photo I used to make the various shield images used as logos on this site (and on the cafepress shop), including the little icon next to the URL in your web browser. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version