Main > The Armoury

Maille Tailor

<< < (2/5) > >>

SirNathanQ:
Yeah. It's not horrid, but rather annoying.
I think I'll either try the standard seam along bottom, and cut excess maille method, or some long cords through the maille at elbow and bicep, with excess removed along inside of lower arms and a cord lacing it shut.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-08-10, 17:19:25 ---The armpits can be a little scary to work with, yes, but it doesn't need to be too bad. I made an exceedingly simple design on my aluminum hauberk. I never closed the seam there, just so I can raise my arms over my head without it pulling (this can be mitigated with a diamond-shaped expansion, or some-such), but if I hold my arms straight out, the seams line up real nicely. And all I did was leave some diagonal edges on both the sleeve and the torso.

Somewhere I have a diagram. I'll have to look for it.

--- End quote ---

What I did when I made my hauberk was to make the sleeve and the torso both as simple tubes, but with diagonal edges. When laid flat without connecting the seam, those edges overlap:

SirNathanQ:
Ahhh.....Sneaky!   :D

Sir William:
Wait, did you say 'Bingo wings'?  I almost shot iced tea from my nostrils after reading that...I must've missed it the first time around!  lol

SirNathanQ:
Yeah, Bingo Wings.  ;D
A personal favorite phrase of mine.... 8)

Familiar with the term are we?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version