Main > The Library

saxon hoard to hit DC

(1/3) > >>

Sir Wolf:
http://birminghamnewsroom.com/2011/07/staffordshire-hoard-is-set-to-dazzle-the-united-states/

better watch out museums, the government might decide to steal it to help with the debt hehehhe. might be worth seeing the exhibit

Sir Edward:

Awesome, I think I need to go see that.

Sir William:
This sounds interesting...truth be told, I am not all lathered up over old jewelry and treasure (I'd make a pitiful pirate) but if there's old hilts and bits of armor, THAT would be worth seeing.

Sir James A:
I remember seeing the news when this was found. It almost made me want to buy a metal detector and quit my job, but I'm on the wrong side of the pond to find a multi-million dollar stash. :(

Ser William - "The haul is made up of intricately designed articles of war, including helmet cheek pieces, sword pommels and religious crosses" ;)

Sir William:
Oh, well in that case...I'm going to have to check it out.  Any chance I could talk you guys into going in full harness?  I think it'd be AWESOME if ALL of us could descend upon this hoard in full regalia...we'd attract more attention than the exhibit!

Might even give some onlookers pause...if any of them had ever seen The Last Templar with Mira Sorvino, they might think we're there to 'appropriate' some of that hoard. 

God wills it!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version