Main > The Armoury

Mace

<< < (3/3)

SirNathanQ:
Hey sweet, when's that?
And yeah, my family is friends with an engineer. He's kinda nuts, but he does stuff well.

Sir Wolf:
either the pin method, or Mac was saying a lot are just nails that are peened down on the ends to made look like a solid pin thru the shaft.

SirNathanQ:
Yeah, I peen nails too.
But my biggest obstacle would be getting those bloody holes in the head. would a brass head be easier?

Sir Edward:

I would think brass would be a lot easier to drill out than steel, yes. But with the right bits, a drill-press should work with either.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2011-07-25, 19:46:22 ---Hey sweet, when's that?
And yeah, my family is friends with an engineer. He's kinda nuts, but he does stuff well.

--- End quote ---

No specific date yet, I'll post up an open invite thread when the weather begins cooling off a bit and see what the best weekend is to get multiple people able to come out.

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-07-26, 00:07:56 ---
I would think brass would be a lot easier to drill out than steel, yes. But with the right bits, a drill-press should work with either.

--- End quote ---

Yep, brass is softer, but either should cut fine. I've got some titanium high-speed bits from drilling my 16 gauge stainless many moons ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version