Main > The Armoury

Teutonic Knight Kit. 1370s Flavor!

<< < (12/13) > >>

Sir William:
I do like the Patriarchal cross.

Edited to add: the formee branchee is the closest to the 'cross of the beatitudes' I have read about; will find link later.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Ser William on 2011-07-26, 20:23:39 ---In Spanish, 'ser' is a verb form meaning 'to be'.  Had I had 'Soy William' then that would mean 'I am William'.  The temporary verb form is 'estar', which also means 'to be', but not permanently, like 'ser'.  Such as, 'estoy aqui', or 'I am here'.  Heh.  Surprised I remember that...high school was a LONG time ago.  lol

But no...my meaning is an alternative form of 'sir' which I like for aeshetic reasons.

--- End quote ---

I keep forgetting I wanted to mention-- you could also go with "Syr" as the middle-english form of "Sir". It's pronounced like "seer", with a very light rolled "R".

Sir William:
Hey, I like that...see?

Sir Wolf:
no its seer :P hahahha jkjk

Sir Ulrich:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-08-03, 02:49:42 ---It's not teutonic or templar, but it's that "other" 3rd massive knightly group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Hospitaller

It talks about a couple different variations of the cross being used, as well as the change in colors. I think the templars would have done something similar before getting a (mostly) standard style. I've seen 3 different styles. It looks like what I call the maltese cross is a "cross pattee".

--- End quote ---
My fave out of those is the cross Potent. Reminds me of the Jerusalem cross a bit too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version