Main > The Armoury

Teutonic Knight Kit. 1370s Flavor!

<< < (8/13) > >>

Joshua Santana:
Brethren, Gentlemen.........

--- Quote ---Gentlemen ... do it. Go Teutonic!
--- End quote ---

I say this: "GO TEUTONIC! GO TEUTONIC!"
(My thanks to Sir Epic of Awesome Sauce, our own Sir James III)

--- Quote ---1272, Pope decrees Knights all have to wear a red surcote with a white cross on it, shortly followed by a large riot in St Peters by a rather angry group of reenactors wearing conspicuous large black surcotes with a white Maltese cross upon it......

--- End quote ---

That is my reason for going for the "Red" Hospitaller Look.  But I am fine being one of the "Knights in Black" in terms of a Black Hospitaller Kit.

--- Quote ---could you do a thread detailing that kit?
--- End quote ---

Yes, I will do so, just need to get my thread images ready.

--- Quote ---HERETIC! tonight you will burn in hell!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Talking to the Templar or me?
Press that charge against us and we WILL SINK YOUR ISLAND!!!!
--- End quote ---

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!  "Thou shalt be slain you Pagan Knave!" (LOL! Completely Joking and Kidding with the inside joke.)

I find it quite interesting that all of these Kit Ideas have a common Helmet: The Great Helm!

I think that this is going to leave me with a Templar Kit, a Hospitaller Kit, a Teutonic Kit, and 13th Century Kit and the Surprise Kit which I will start a thread on that soon.

Sir William:
Sir Joshua...I see we are of like minds as I intend on doing the same (Templar, Hospitalier, Teutonic kits)...and I like the idea of red surcoat with white crosses...we should coordinate.  Will this mean I'd need a red shield with a white cross as well as a white shield w/black cross?  Not to mention, I need a shield with the beausant as well.

SirNathanQ:
Sir James, If I remember correctly, the Templar cross was a blood red Cross Potent.
But don't say that too loudly, or else we'll have a documentary crew from the History Channel down here....Dusting everything within a 5 mile radius of the Volunteer Fire department looking for Templar Symbols and fingerprints....

And Sir William, if you're especially attracted to the Hochmeister's insignia, then you could portray a member of his personal standard bearer. In that role you would have the right to bear his insignia with minor variations.
PS, your new name translates in Spanish to "Is William"
And I'm fine with someone doing Hospitaller. After all, the original Idea of the Teutonic Knights was a branch of the Hospitallers to be set up along Templar lines (Dedicated to war)

And I have nothing against the Black Hospitaller look, It's just only good for about 30 years historically.

Cool, I'm getting everyone to go Teutonic! YEEEES!    ;D ;D ;D

Sir William:
In Spanish, 'ser' is a verb form meaning 'to be'.  Had I had 'Soy William' then that would mean 'I am William'.  The temporary verb form is 'estar', which also means 'to be', but not permanently, like 'ser'.  Such as, 'estoy aqui', or 'I am here'.  Heh.  Surprised I remember that...high school was a LONG time ago.  lol

But no...my meaning is an alternative form of 'sir' which I like for aeshetic reasons.

SirNathanQ:
Well yes. Ser=to be
Since you didn't conjugate it, one would have to use it in the most general sense. To be=is (in usage anyway)  It makes the most sense.

BTW, I forgot to attach the pic of Hochmeister's banner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version