Main > The Armoury

Teutonic Knight Kit. 1370s Flavor!

<< < (7/13) > >>

Sir Wolf:

HERETIC! tonight you will burn in hell!

SirNathanQ:
Talking to the Templar or me?
Press that charge against us and we WILL SINK YOUR ISLAND!!!!

Haha, sweet. Haven't seen anyone doing the traditional Hospitallier robes before! Kudos!
Really, a lot of folks don't realize that historically the a full Hospitallier knight would only have a 30 or so year window for the black surcote.
1248, Pope says they can wear something other than the constricting monkish garment (A surcote, finally!!!!!!)
1272, Pope decrees Knights all have to wear a red surcote with a white cross on it, shortly followed by a large riot in St Peters by a rather angry group of reenactors wearing conspicuous large black surcotes with a white Maltese cross upon it...... 

Sir Wolf:
ya i know ;)

Sir William:
Nathan, I don't have a Hospitalier kit yet...was just thinking of doing one instead of the Teutonic Knight.  As you've just informed me that they were one and the same at one point, it would still be all to the good, right?

I'm not sure if I will though as they wore mostly mail and you know me, I like a bit more than that for myself.  I may have to be reborn as a Hochmiester...liked that particular regalia there.

And OF COURSE Sir Wolf has a Hospitalier kit...but he knows I was thinking of the other one, Sir Samuel, the Dark Knight was it?

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Ser William on 2011-07-25, 18:43:16 ---So does that mean I can just call BJ and have her do me a set just like yours?  That'd be EASY.  lol

Ditto on the arms and armor...Eastern European cavalry swords in particular I do like.

Sir James...out of my head, sir.  lol

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-07-25, 18:55:08 ---Man, the Teutonic order has some very interesting history. You guys are going to make me want to do a Teutonic kit too. :)

--- End quote ---

Gentlemen ... do it. Go Teutonic!

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2011-07-25, 21:58:58 ---Bu you never see the red version of the Hospitalliers, could you do a thread detailing that kit?

--- End quote ---

If I remember right, the red surcoat with a white "templar" cross. The templar cross, as most people call it, is a "maltese" cross, which got it's name from the Knights of Malta. It's actually a popular symbol still today. Next time you go by a fire station, see if you can spot one. The maltese cross is a common symbol with fire/rescue, and the most common color for a firetruck? Red, often with white letter/striping/etc.

(cue for the "the fire/rescue service is owned by the templars!" debate? :D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version