Main > The Library

Valhalla Rising

<< < (5/9) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-10-30, 14:56:09 ---I haven't found many that I thought were a true waste of my time.

--- End quote ---

"Your Highness". Horrible, mildly redeemable for "hot ladies", but the movie was terrible.

Sir Brian:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Round_Table_(film)

This glorious gem was on cable yesterday. I loved this movie ever since I was a kid. What is really a surprise is now that I’m better informed; I observed that the heraldry displayed in the movie was pretty authentic in that they followed the laws of heraldry quite closely. The armor was believable and plausible for the early 14th century impression of the Arthurian legends. Of course the sword play was atypical of Hollywood ‘Errol Flynn’ style, but it was still enjoyable.  :)

Sir Wolf:
actually had real mail armour too on some guys.  check out Kind richard and the crusades and the crusades. great 2 flicks as well!!

Silvanus:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-10-30, 14:56:09 ---
I enjoyed Season of the Witch, but only for what it was-- more of a "historical" fantasy. It was OK, not fantastic.

I haven't found many that I thought were a true waste of my time. I've gotten rather numb to the historical flaws, and just assume they're all more fantasy than anything else.

Something I thought was quite good though was The Name of the Rose, with Sean Connery.

--- End quote ---

'The Name of the Rose' by Umberto Eco is probably my favorite novel of all time, Sir Edward. The movie is great, with truly inspired actors, but you must read the book if you haven't. I read it in college and that pretty much sealed the decision to change major to Medieval Studies.

Ian:
I just had the opportunity to catch The Name of the Rose this past weekend.  Excellent film!  The setting and atmosphere were captured so well.  I have Eco's Foucault's Pendulum sitting on a shelf, but have not read it or Name of the Rose.  I may have to do so now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version