Main > The Armoury

Maille arrived

<< < (9/10) > >>

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
If you are ever needing a particular itemor something tailored, Marc at Cap-a-pie is a good friend of mine and, although a little expensive, will sort you out with exactly what you want. There is even The Maille tailor, Gavin, that works with Marc on those more tailored items.

http://www.capapie.co.uk/index.html

G.

Sir William:
Wow...I really like the look of his hauberks.  Do these suffer the Bingo Wing malady as well?  I'd love to send him my hauberk to get tailored.

Sir Gerard de Rodes:

--- Quote from: Syr William on 2011-08-31, 20:29:29 ---Wow...I really like the look of his hauberks.  Do these suffer the Bingo Wing malady as well?  I'd love to send him my hauberk to get tailored.

--- End quote ---

I`m not too sure to be perfectly honest. I`m sure that if you specified a tailored arm then that`s what you would get.
Marc is one of a very few people who have access, for his research, to origional pieces in the back rooms at Leeds Armouries ;)
G.

Sir Ulrich:
Shame they're in the UK, which means shipping would cost a fortune, thats probably where I would of gotten my maille though cause I couldn't find any half riveted half non with dome rivets in the USA and this place seems to sell it. I do want my maille tailored and I am gonna have to buy some rings from icefalcon to make it look good as I don't think the 9.5MM rings from GDFB would look good on my blackened hauberk with 9MM rings, the GDFB rings are SLIGHTLY thicker than the Icefalcon ones too, I dunno if thats better or worse but it makes me rethink my purchase  :-\

Sir William:
Gosh, I'm torn...do I go for the tailored hauberk from there to the tune of just under $1000 USD after shipping and packing...or do I go for a breastplate instead and hack up my existing hauberk to make voiders, mail standard and whatever else it might be useful for?

I could always go back to my Crusader persona at a later date.  I can't do like Sir Wolf and keep each kit...I'd be 60 before I could complete all the ones I want.  I need to go back a few centuries as well...I'm particularly interested in Frankish arms and armor during Charles Martel's time.  And then go forward til about the first half of the 16th C...a kit for each one.

Yea...don't have the time or money.  If I hit the lottery, well...you'll all be invited to my new museum!  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version