Main > The Armoury

Name of your Sword

<< < (10/31) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-07-13, 15:05:04 ---Everything sounds cool in Latin!  Or any other language but English, really.  I came up with a name for this sword but am not sure if it'll sound good.

"Linkehand Gott"

--- End quote ---

"Left hand of God"?

SirNathanQ:
Is that a Van Helsing reference?  8)

Make sue it's for a Leftie.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-07-13, 20:02:21 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-07-13, 15:05:04 ---Everything sounds cool in Latin!  Or any other language but English, really.  I came up with a name for this sword but am not sure if it'll sound good.

"Linkehand Gott"

--- End quote ---

"Left hand of God"?

--- End quote ---

Yes!

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2011-07-13, 21:09:32 ---Is that a Van Helsing reference?  8)

--- End quote ---

No!  And it is for a lefty...but the reference is Biblical in origin and actually refers to Gabriel so I thought of calling it 'Gibril', the Arabic version of the name considering it is a Crusade-era sword.  Just an idea...not struck in stone yet.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-07-14, 16:02:44 ---
--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-07-13, 20:02:21 ---

"Linkehand Gott"

--- End quote ---

"Left hand of God"?

--- End quote ---

Yes!
--- End quote ---

Huzzah! I win a cookie. :)

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-07-14, 16:02:44 ---
--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2011-07-13, 21:09:32 ---Is that a Van Helsing reference?  8)

--- End quote ---

No!  And it is for a lefty...but the reference is Biblical in origin and actually refers to Gabriel so I thought of calling it 'Gibril', the Arabic version of the name considering it is a Crusade-era sword.  Just an idea...not struck in stone yet.

--- End quote ---

Have you seen Van Helsing? Dracula refers to Van Helsing as the "left hand of God", and calls him Gabriel. I actually had the same thought as Sir Nathan. It's perfect for you, as you're a leftie. :)

Sir Wolf:
michael is the right hand and the one who kicked lucifer out of heaven so they had the names mixed up. dont forget about hark and harold angel. hehehe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version