Main > The Armoury

Name of your Sword

<< < (26/31) > >>

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-01-26, 07:42:27 ---I have a better one more deserving of Sir Wolf. Try this one: Ovis Sacrilegus. (Let him figure it out)  :o

--- End quote ---

?? go pound sand.

Lord Dane:
Sorry had to say it.  ;D LOL

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-01-21, 03:33:47 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-01-21, 00:18:54 ---i don't think i have ever seriously named anything but animals and children. i dunno, to me they are just tools. i mean it's cool to do so and has a neat story line but i just haven't done it :)

--- End quote ---
Well if you should ever change your mind and name one of your swords may I suggest the latin name of:
Malleorum hircus
--- End quote ---
My apologies Sir Wolf! According to Google translator it means 'Hammer Goat' but I do not know how to properly structure Latin sentences and I meant it to basically mean...'Hammer of the Goat' which I think should have been either Hircus Malleorum or perhaps Capra Malleus. - Either way it was an inside joke referencing our numerous allusions to you once considering a goat crest way back when you were developing your CoA. - Discourtesy to you was not my intent.  :-[

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-01-26, 07:42:27 ---I have a better one more deserving of Sir Wolf. Try this one: Ovis Sacrilegus. (Let him figure it out)  :o
--- End quote ---
Not funny or appropriate. >:(

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-01-26, 10:09:04 ---My apologies Sir Wolf! According to Google translator it means 'Hammer Goat' but I do not know how to properly structure Latin sentences and I meant it to basically mean...'Hammer of the Goat' which I think should have been either Hircus Malleorum or perhaps Capra Malleus. - Either way it was an inside joke referencing our numerous allusions to you once considering a goat crest way back when you were developing your CoA. - Discourtesy to you was not my intent.  :-[
--- End quote ---

Ah! I had "mallorum", which I thought would mean bad/evil (mal in latin being the root for english words like malevolent and malfunction) and confirmed http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/morph?l=malorum&la=la

Malleorum does indeed mean hammer! My apologies! :-[

Lord Dane:
My apologies 2 Sir Wolf.  Just trying to add some levity to the thread. I'll buy you 1st round next Order outing at MDRF.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version