Main > The Armoury

Hanwei practical messer

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir William:
I did not consider that...I suppose I should have asked about the differences between it and a single hand sword and the answer would definitely apply then.  Thanks for the clarification, Bill.

Sir Edward:
Ah yes, thanks for adding the clarification. I should have been more clear about that. A Langesmesser is more like a single-hand sword, and a Grossemesser or Kriegsmesser can be more like a longsword. But most of the time when people are talking about messers, they're referring to the single-hand variety.

BTW, check this out:

Sir William:
Great, just great...now I want one.  Their movements are very fluid, almost like a dance.  It is a good deal more poetic than the flash of Hollywood- if only because these are tried and true techniques that have proven their effectiveness throughout history.  Thanks for sharing...do you train in this in class w/Bill? 

Some of them had what looked like falchions to me...the clip pointed ones are what I'm referring to; always found those to be quite attractive.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-06-24, 21:35:11 ---do you train in this in class w/Bill? 

--- End quote ---

Yup. :)

SirNathanQ:
Yeah, my biggest concern was the dimensions. For the life of me I couldn't get weather they were offering one similar to the video (I LOVE THAT GROUP!!!!!!) or a proper Kriegmesser.

I would like to see an adaption of shield and sword (1 hander) based on the plays similar to what's in the video. I bet alot of the stuff translates well.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version