Main > The Armoury

Possible future harness

<< < (2/6) > >>

Sir Patrick:
Good choices!  Can't wait to see it all together!

Sir William:
I'm a fan of Allan's work (Mercenary's Tailor) so you've made some good choices.  I like Armstreet as well, or at least their look, but the exorbitant shipping (which has proven slow on occasion) puts me off from them.  I look forward to seeing you put it all together, Sir Wulf.  I think that's awesome that you're going to do the mail yourself...

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Wulf on 2011-06-23, 05:21:41 ---For some reason I can't post the pic of the sabatons. So here's a link to them. They're by Armstreet.
http://armstreet.com/store/armor/medieval-combat-armor-sabatons

--- End quote ---

It looks like the new glossary breaks URLs just like the old one. Lovely.

I fixed it in your messages by putting the word "sabatons" before the picture link.

Sir Wulf:
Thank you Sir Edward.
I made my butted maille hauberk from 16ga wire. I have found a source for the riveted rings now I just need a source for the solid punched rings. Making the maille is time consuming and tedious. Fortubatly I'm ADD and OCD!  ;D

Sir James A:
I like the harness. Only question is why a breastplate and the plackart?

--- Quote from: Sir Wulf on 2011-06-23, 15:49:09 ---Thank you Sir Edward.
I made my butted maille hauberk from 16ga wire. I have found a source for the riveted rings now I just need a source for the solid punched rings. Making the maille is time consuming and tedious. Fortubatly I'm ADD and OCD!  ;D

--- End quote ---

Please post a thread if you find solid rings (9mm stainless would be awesome ;)), I'd like to do a similar project with mail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version