Main > The Armoury

Possible future harness

<< < (3/6) > >>

Sir Matthew:
From what I've heard, a layered look with a breast plate and a plackard was fairly popular and common in the late 15th Century. It didn't last long, probably because of all the weight.

Sir Wolf:
no, those 2 don't go together i dont think. ask Allen about getting a 2 part breastplate with placart.. the upper breastplate will only come down an inch or so below the top of the placart then.

Sir Matthew:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-06-23, 23:49:49 ---no, those 2 don't go together i dont think. ask Allen about getting a 2 part breastplate with placart.. the upper breastplate will only come down an inch or so below the top of the placart then.

--- End quote ---

I wondered a bit if the breast plate was actually a full size or shortened for the placart. Thank you for clearing that up. I just got back a helmet that Allan lined and strapped for me, he did a fantastic job. He quoted me 7-10 day and had it done and back to me in less than a week! First rate guy to deal with, I'm definitely going to keep him in mind for future projects!

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
I must admit I do like the bellows face for the C15th if you are into that sort of thing.................. C14th all the way for me I`m afraid  ;)

G

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Sir Gerard de Rodes on 2011-06-24, 20:15:38 ---I must admit I do like the bellows face for the C15th if you are into that sort of thing.................. C14th all the way for me I`m afraid  ;)

G

--- End quote ---
Hear, Hear!  Although the bellows visor does have a very menacing aspect too it...  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version