Main > The Armoury

ok i'm starting it. Sir Wolf's 1340's kit

<< < (7/10) > >>

Sir Wolf:
HAH hehehe. they fit pretty well. although i may need to cut down the upper cannon a little bit. i had originally made them with the idea of using a round spaulder but instead I used a set that i had previously made out of laziness ;)

i need to point and strap the stuff yet and then show it on the arming coat.

James Barker:
Wolf

Do you have a copy of Osprey's Crecy book? I got a copy in the mail yesterday and the illustration are really good. I snagged if for $5 on abe books.

Also if you want to go with a plain cerveliere Mad Matt sells a good one for SCA use for $150, I bet you could bet him to knock a few bucks off buy just getting the top without slats and a bar grill. You can either wear it over a coif or add and aventail:

http://www.madmattsarmory.com/inv_head.php

Sir William:
Just a note on Mad Matt's Armory, when I last spoke w/him he had told me he wasn't taking any more commissions.  After some discourse he agreed to fit me up an arm and leg harness, or whatever it was I wanted, but it had to come out to about $500 before he would consider it.  Since you might know him personally, he may waive that for you.

All I originally wanted was some leg armor.  LOL

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
I like it so far Sir Wolf, you have the patience of a saint and more time than one too by the looks of it lol.
G

Sir Rodney:
Sir Wolf, you have made very nice progress thus far!  Could you please share some insight into your edge curls and rolls?  Are you using special tools and/or techniques for them as they look very well executed?  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version