Main > The Armoury

Peening vs Threaded tangs

<< < (6/7) > >>

Sir Ulrich:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-06-16, 14:28:08 ---I had a nice looking viking sword once...brass handled too.  I was not in love with it at the time...then I saw someone else (Ulrich I think) with a similar one and found myself wanting it back.  Weird, huh.  lol

--- End quote ---
Is this the sword you're talking about? It's basically just a prop sword, very heavy and handles like crap. Good for making good pics with though and parts of it are rusting...

Sir William:
No, not that one...and maybe it was Wolf in his 10th or 11th C garb.  I recall that one as I have one just like it....as you say, a prop sword and nothing more...but here's the one I'm talking about (went to Wolf's Knight page and grabbed it).

Sir Wolf:
its my deepeeka brass hilted viking sword. i got it vs the del tin because A it was cheaper and B it had as much wrong with it vs the original one as the Del Tin version did.  this is the sword that i peened down the tang on. mine is pretty sold, a tad blade heavy but i would hit you with it and not worry too much save the rat tale breaking where the screw is welded on.

Sir William:
That's the one...it was pretty, I'll give it that.  Wish I hadn't sold it!

Lord Dane:
Peening is where it's at.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version