Main > The Armoury

Cotton gambesons

(1/3) > >>

Sir Edward:

I just got an email from Revival Clothing about them bringing back cotton gambesons, in both light and heavy weights:

http://www.revivalclothing.com/cottongambeson.aspx

I wonder what size I'd need. The sizing chart makes it look like I could use a small. I've been burned by that before. I'm guessing I actually need a medium despite what the size chart says.

Sir Rodney:
That's very exciting news!  I sincerely hope their sales weren’t affected by any brand confusion during the recent "B.P. Affair" as they are an outstanding group of folks.  It seems that gambesons / arming coats are becoming more and more available as well as more affordable.  Good news for us!

Remember the old days of "find a couple packing blankets, cut out a square-ish type pattern and strap it on"?

[Edited for spelling and readability.]

Sir Wolf:
dude, i made a moving blanket gambeson hehehe

Sir James A:
You can have any fabric you want (as long as it's cotton).

You can have any color you want (as long as it's black).

That was the funniest part of the email. :D

At almost half the price of their other gambesons, this seems like a great option. I'm almost tempted to try it, instead of another MRL one, when I get my "proof of concept and where stuff should attach to" finished to copy from.

Sir Wolf:
ya i wish it was linen and red. black i'm not too attached to but it can work... if i wanna die!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version