Main > The Library

2 books by Ian Mortimer

(1/3) > >>

Sir Wolf:
The Perfect King [Import] [Paperback]
Ian Mortimer
Product Details

* Paperback: 560 pages
    * Publisher: Vintage Books (September 23, 2008)
    * Language: English
    * ISBN-10: 009952709X
    * ISBN-13: 978-0099527091
    * Product Dimensions: 7.6 x 5 x 1.6 inches
    * Shipping Weight: 14.1 ounces

The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England: A Handbook for Visitors to the Fourteenth Century [Hardcover]
Ian Mortimer

# Hardcover: 352 pages
# Publisher: Touchstone; 1 edition (December 29, 2009)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 9781439112892
# ISBN-13: 978-1439112892
# ASIN: 1439112894
# Product Dimensions: 9.3 x 6.1 x 1.3 inches
# Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds

i've heard great reviews about these 2 14thc books

Sir Rodney:
The title The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England: A Handbook for Visitors to the Fourteenth Century by Ian Mortimer caught my interest.  Thank you Sir Wolf!  One member of myArmoury lists this title on his reading list.  I sent him an inquiry and this was his response:

--- Quote ---I think it’s worth your while Scott - the book covers a hell of a lot for the price of it - Mortimer has a good turn of phrase and is easy to follow and yet the detail is still there - great info on all walks of life: merchants, soldiers, clergy, nobles and the great unwashed masses - all that detail of daily life which conventional history books leave out - I would highly recommend it.
--- End quote ---

Sir Wolf:
ya i have heard rave reviews.

the perfect king is of course about edward and is more of a life biography. some people said the way it is written is a lot better than some fiction writings.

Joshua Santana:
This is nice!  I will have to yet read them and be amazed myself!

Sir William:
Are these for sale somewhere or you're just telling us about them?  I just bought one of your suggested books this morning.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version