Main > The Armoury

A&A Hungarian Axe

<< < (2/7) > >>

Sir Brian:
I noticed a curious thing the other day when I was cleaning the head of my new A&A Hungarian Axe.
The head isn't in line with the haft. It can clearly be seen in the pictures. It's definitely skewed to the right.
Is that typical or just a poorly hafted axe? Does yours do the same Sir Edward?  ???

Sir Edward:

I just took a look, and mine looks pretty straight. Of course, mine might have straightened itself a little too, since the head is pushed down a good quarter-inch further than where it was originally hafted, from thrusting at solid targets at WMAW. :)

I'm a little surprised that yours isn't straight, actually. Since the haft goes all the way through the head, I suppose either the haft might have a bend at that point, or the head was bored out at an angle?

Sir William:
Still love that ax...I'd be more than willing to purchase it from you should you decide you do not want it.  :)

Sir Brian:
Thanks for the kind offer Sir William but it doesn't bother me that much! Just a curious thing seeing the edge so askew from
the center line of the shaft.  ;)

Sir William:
Get a few large melons, set them up on various fence posts and have some fun- I doubt you'll even notice it with all that head-splitting goodness going on!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version