Main > The Armoury

Joshua's armor - was Re: Ed's Mid 14th C. kit

<< < (6/10) > >>

Sir Edward:

Yep, 14th Century = 1300's

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2011-06-09, 19:49:55 ---Also, Thank you Das Bill and I am aware that I am just generalizing the style of harness I am interested in creating.

--- End quote ---

It's not that you are generalizing, there is a suit of armor commonly referred to as the Churburg armor, and, as Bill said, it's in Churburg castle. What he's saying is that CHERNburg does not exist; it's CHURburg. You have it spelled wrong. ;)

Most people would know what you mean by Churburg armor - the standards being brass trim, a segmented breastplate, 3/4 arms and legs, and if gauntlets, hourglass cuff style. GDFB does some generic churburg style armor; the gauntlets pictured in my avatar are the GDFB churburg ones, but the rest of my kit is custom made.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---econd half of 1400s is 1450s. remember 1400-1499 is 15th century. 1300 to 1399 is 14th century. a lot of the plate that we think of in the 14thc came into the 15thc in the beginning. say to 1415 era. then it drastically changes by 1450 into the full on white harnesses etc
--- End quote ---

I did make a mistake in my century timing.  Please excuse my mistake and be rest assured that when I create the Early 14th Century Kit via Anshelm Arms and Armor (with their Coat of Plates) and the Mid to Late 14th Century (same pieces only with Brass Trimming)  with just a Globose Breastplate from Anshelm.  (which I figured would be be the better choice than getting the same pieces again only from Merc Tailor's, but if the Anshlm Kit goes beyond my budget, then I will get the pieces from Merc Tailors)

--- Quote ---t's CHURburg. You have it spelled wrong. Wink
--- End quote ---

Ah Darn It! Now I will have to slay anyone who dares misspell the sacred word of Churburg!

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2011-06-09, 19:49:55 ---

--- End quote ---

ok this is a good start.

you need to start somewhere right?

go here and buy this:
http://www.revivalclothing.com/cottongambeson.aspx

now you have the foundation of that kit.

next look at the body both in breastplate and mail, then the arms, then the legs, then the head, then the hands, then the shins.

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-06-10, 20:26:11 ---
--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2011-06-09, 19:49:55 ---

--- End quote ---

ok this is a good start.

you need to start somewhere right?

go here and buy this:
http://www.revivalclothing.com/cottongambeson.aspx

now you have the foundation of that kit.

next look at the body both in breastplate and mail, then the arms, then the legs, then the head, then the hands, then the shins.

--- End quote ---

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=AB0072&name=Churburg+Suit+of+Armour has it all in one. i would leave off the sabatons. but there you go, all 1 suit for a great price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version