Main > The Armoury

Ok, now I need with what sword to go with My Harness! :'(

<< < (6/11) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Good choice of a sword, your kit will be expensive indeed but I will look forward to seeing it.

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-05-13, 14:39:36 ---The Ouse River Longsword is a MRL offering...as such you can expect it to be decidedly lower in quality, fit and finish than the other swords you mentioned, namely anything offered by Albion, A&A, Atrim, VA/Atrim, Hanwei/Tinker, etc etc.  It would be at the lower end of that totem pole, if that is important to you.
--- End quote ---

While you're right that it is on the lower end, MRL offerings are better than a lot of other things I see out there. It's not really any lower than Hanwei/Tinker (and in fact, MRL tends to look a little better). But if passing living history specs is what you're after (and it will depend on which living history group's criteria), I'd say the only production swords in that list that come close are A&A and Albion. It isn't just the quality of the materials, but it's also the careful attention to the subtle things that make them so much like the antiques they're based off of. The other companies can make good swords, but they definitely lack a certain character that makes them feel like the real deal.

The more antiques I've handled, the more I've come to appreciate A&A and Albion.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---The more antiques I've handled, the more I've come to appreciate A&A and Albion.
--- End quote ---

It may seem that I have fallen into the Albion/A&A Trap! (LOL!)  With no hope of ever returning! hehehehehehehe!

Joshua Santana:
Quick question, what about these swords for a nice set?

Any thoughts, comments or words of caution?

Sir William:
Why can't I see any of those swords you've posted?  Odd.

Bill, thanks for the clarification.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version