Main > The Armoury

Ok, now I need with what sword to go with My Harness! :'(

(1/11) > >>

Joshua Santana:
OK, I am most grateful that you fellow brethren are generously helping me in designing my harness

the question is this, what sword should go with the harness?

Here are two swords from Forged in Time that I have my eyes on  ;D

http://www.forgedintime.com/

The English  Medieval Longsword

The Arbiter Longsword

Sir James A:
Between the two, I lean towards the Arbiter. It has "stronger" lines on the crossguard and pommel, which to me, fits more with the sharp lines of a gothic harness. The English Longsword looks more "italian" to me. I don't recall seeing anything about a specific style of sword being german or italian, so this is probably some sort of mental "this goes with that" my brain is doing....

Thorsteinn:
Can we see a pic of you in Kit again for reference?

Sir Wolf:
i like the second one out of those two. where are you getting them from? have you checked kult of athena for pricing?

Joshua Santana:
Sir James:  I think that you're right that swords never were called 'german' or 'italian' because the two shown types were used by both nations along with England, France, Finland, Spain and others.  On a personal note, I lean towards the first one (the English Medieval Longsword).  I like the design and I feel that is the kind of sword I should get.  But my intention was to see what you brethren thought about this.

RauttSkegg:  I don't have a kit yet, but a picture compilation of the kit prototype van be found here

http://modernchivalry.org/forum/index.php/topic,1096.15.html

check out the prototype for the German Gothic Placard/Brigandine design or the Italian Harness prototype

Sir Wolf:  The two swords shown here are not sold at Kult of Athena, but the pricing is not bad.  The Arbiter with a basic scabbard (plain leather scabbard) sells for $695.00, while the sword with a Deluxe Scabbard (scabbard with a wood core leather and leather chape) sells at $730.00 and the Sword with an Elite Scabbard (wood core and leather scabbard with a nickel chape) sells at $800.00.  The Sword by itself sells for $535.00.

The English Medieval Longsword (by itself) sells at $430.00, with a basic scabbard: $554.00, a Deluxe Scabbard: $625.00 and aqn Elite Scabbard: $695.00.

The Basic Scabbard sells with an extra cost of $124, a Deluxe Scabbard: $195 extra and the Elite: $265 extra.  The same extra cost also go for the Arbiter.

I like the Arbiter, but the English Medieval Longsword is just rockin' awesome goodness!  (one thing I would like to add is that the English Medieval Longsword is not based on a certain replica, but on a a style of longswords that were made in the 15th Century.  Hence both swords are 15th Century types.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version