Main > The Armoury

Help on Gothic Harness!

<< < (14/24) > >>

Sir Brian:
I use the revival clothing pourpoint as well for my leg armor (Thanks again Sir Andrew for suggesting it to me a couple years ago! ;) ) and I agree with Sir Edward that it is very durable however since I use straps for my leg armor I stitched some leather squares as reinforcements before riveting the straps to the pourpoint. I also use the pourpoint to attach my padded leggings. Believe me this method is far more comfortable than using an arming belt with straps.  :)

Sir Rodney:
I fought in the typical SCA leg harness (belt & straps) for 10 years until I figured out that a pourpoint is THE way to go.  I will never go back!

Sir Wolf:

http://www.replications.com/greys/Image%20Gallery/2005/MTT/full/31.jpg

Sir Rodney:
Sir Wolf,

I see the gentleman to the right points his joined hose to his arming coat.  Are your hose similarly pointed, or do you point them to a pourpoint?  I can't quite tell from the photograph.  You are portraying the 15th century here, right?  As I'm in the mid-14th century my hose should be separate if lower class and joined if I'm hoity-toity, correct?

Joshua Santana:
Sir Edward: Thanks for the warning!

Sir James:  I have seen that essay and I will like to say this:

Everyone is in agreement of the pourpoint.  Hence I will order a Pourpoint from Revival Clothing.

Sir Wolf:  Thanks for the pictures!

It also appears that Merc Tailor's might have second chance with me ordering armor from them.  Given that the pourpoint is highly recommended and the 15/16th Century Legs (from Merc Tailor's) does have leather straps and liner holes. 

But this still doesn't prevent me from ordering (with the right monies) two 15th Century Italian Harness!  One from Merc Tailor's and from Ice Falcon Armory! (Credit goes to Sir Wolf for the ingenious idea)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version