Main > The Armoury

Help on Gothic Harness!

<< < (7/24) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2011-05-12, 20:25:08 ---file:///I:/De%20arte%20athletica%20II%20-%20BSB%20Cod.icon.%20393(2/bsb00007894_00489.jpg

Here is a better example what I am trying get at.

--- End quote ---

You'll need to upload the photo using the attachment feature in the "additional options" when posting a message. This URL above is a file location on your hard drive, so we won't be able to access it.

Joshua Santana:
I think the first picture should give a general idea.  (Hard time with a large file)

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2011-05-12, 20:20:22 ---I myself like the German Gothic Armor, but recently with utilizing Merc's Tailor's pieces, I am able to come up with an Italian Style harness that existed in the 15th Century.

Here an example from Paulus Hector Mair

--- End quote ---

That harness is about a century later than what you're after. Now, if you like it, go for it, but just know that it's a reasonably late 16th century style. While the mid- to late 15th century is my personal preference, I still LOVE a lot of the high 16th century harnesses! :)

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---That harness is about a century later than what you're after. Now, if you like it, go for it, but just know that it's a reasonably late 16th century style. While the mid- to late 15th century is my personal preference, I still LOVE a lot of the high 16th century harnesses!
--- End quote ---

You're correct on that, I seem to have a liking to late 15th Century/Maximilian, 16th Century styles of harnesses! LOL!

My idea for my 15th Century harness also came form these

So if I use these as examples (based on originals in Europe) it should look like this

15th Century Arms

15th/16th Century Legs

Another idea was to use this Venetian Sallet & Bevor but I not sure of if that is a good idea

Now if you're suggesting that I go with the 16th Century look, then it would look like this

16th Century Arms

16th Century Legs w/ Reinforcments

Once again, these are prototypes that are always subject to immediate change or further revisions.

Sir James A:
If you want to do Maximillian (I eventually do, but the price is a bit wild for my budget) then you definitely need to check out ArmoryMarek.com; he does LOTS of nice work.

He has a variety of armor and weapons like I have never seen before in one place; the only catch is that he is overseas and english isn't his first language (all I could get is that his armor is "1.5mm iron"), so that could be a possible barrier. If Allan at MercTailor doesn't make it, Marek is my second choice, but I haven't ordered from Marek yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version