Main > The Courtyard

The Chivalric Fighting Arts Association

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir William:
Indeed; I don't live there but I go up there several times a year to visit family.  But I'm not too far away, just minutes outside of DC.  Say, are you going to join Stormdelver at the NJ Faire?

Sir James A:
Huzzah! Congrats to Bill Grandy for getting into that elite group. I recognize all of those names. Looking forward to what the future has in store.

Sir William:
What're they coming together to make happen?

Sir Edward:

I think it's probably a combination of sharing of knowledge and research, and presenting a more unified face to the outside public. As you'd expect in any sort of unorganized hobby, there will always be large numbers of small groups that have different ideas of how to do things, don't always communicate, and there can be very different standards for things like competitions, rankings, etc. Having an umbrella organization can help smooth all of these things out, and provides an opportunity to get it all on the right track before everyone gets too jaded separately. :) I suspect they've considered all of these things when entering into discussions about what to do.

Thorsteinn:
Looks good.

Wasn't there something about 2 SCA Knights being on the founding board as well?

-Ivan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version