Main > The Armoury

ByTheSword Churburg Gauntlets and Churburg Sabatons

<< < (2/2)

Sir William:
Can't say I like the look of'm either...it has taken me a long time to figure out that the usual 3 sizes offered never fit me well.  lol

Sir James A:
Sigh. After an extended debacle, the sabatons arrived (I ordered before I saw Sir Wolf's post about KOA). Long story short, nowhere in the site nor order confirmation did it state the gauntlets are on backorder, but they are.

The sabatons are made for Goliath. Goliath, with a size 4, XXXXXXXL width, foot. The toe plate is indeed shaped poorly, and the closest-to-heel plate flares wide enough to fit a combat boot with enough room for a finger or two on each side. That's going to get flattened out to go straight back, at least. I don't know if I can do anything about the toe. I'm scared to see how the gauntlets are going to arrive now. :(

They will both just be for renn-fest / costume fun. I wouldn't dare fight in it; I'm going to get a proper set of gauntlets, probably from Allan at MercTailor, if I need any for fighting. The brass trim on the gauntlets should compliment the brass trim on the knees/elbows/shoulders of my existing kit nicely.

I'm doing my best to scramble together my 14th Cent kit in time for MD Renn Fest and my honeymoon. It's been one hurdle after another.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-05-05, 17:32:07 ---The sabatons are made for Goliath. Goliath, with a size 4, XXXXXXXL width, foot.

--- End quote ---

Wow, that's not good. Maybe they intended for the horse to wear them.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version