Main > The Armoury

New Year, New Kits

<< < (11/13) > >>

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-01-18, 23:57:38 ---i'll be updating missing pieces from my WW1 german kit. that maybe it, not sure. i have a roman group that wants me to hang w/ them so i need to degalvinize my hamata, make a new shield and shrink my belts down so they fit.

--- End quote ---

Speaking of Roman era, I've made an addition to my 14th century transitional kit to signify my Italian, English, Irish lineage. A custom Roman gladiator leather war skirt with a kidney belt to be worn over my black maille. Works perfectly with the harness and gives me a 3rd century A.D. Centurion or Gladiator look when Romans occupied Britannia (England). Fits right in place (or at least looks good) with my splinted armor too. :) My English knight armor kit has gold Celtic trim w/ brass fittings & rivots on black leather & armor plate. It's more individual to my heritage now and doesn't really feel out of place.     

Sir Wolf:
that is not period. :( sorry but that is 100% fantasy

http://s596.beta.photobucket.com/user/reenactthis/library/roman. everything labeled 3rd century AD shows you based on actual finds is what you would look like.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-01-20, 22:36:59 ---that is not period. :( sorry but that is 100% fantasy

http://s596.beta.photobucket.com/user/reenactthis/library/roman. everything labeled 3rd century AD shows you based on actual finds is what you would look like.

--- End quote ---

It existed centuries b4 my kit so who is to say some knight didn't rekindle some armor trend of past day and add it to their 13th-14th century transitional armor..... I'm not talking about looking 14th century in 3rd century attire just the opposite.

I'll save it for SCA fighting as opposed to anything historical but it looks good on my 14th century transitional kit with the splinted leather/plate armor and maille.

Sir Wolf:
?? that is cool if it goes with your sca kit. and i am sure it will help with the thigh protection. but that skirt is not a 3rd c ad skirt. thats what i meant. it is a fantasy skirt lol that is what i meant.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-01-21, 11:35:09 ---?? that is cool if it goes with your sca kit. and i am sure it will help with the thigh protection. but that skirt is not a 3rd c ad skirt. thats what i meant. it is a fantasy skirt lol that is what i meant.

--- End quote ---

Yes not quite Romanesque I suppose but it will do the job in protecting the lower regions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version