Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Great Hall / Re: Hello to all!
« Last post by Sir Brian on 2017-12-08, 08:31:33 »
Welcome  and  well  met !
The Great Hall / Re: Hail Fellows
« Last post by Sir Brian on 2017-12-08, 08:30:36 »
Welcome  and  well  met !
The Round Table / Re: Facebook Page and Blog Announcement!
« Last post by Joshua Santana on 2017-12-06, 21:14:55 »
I've since gotten on FB and have meticulously chosen who I have as "friends." I did "like" your page and have read some of your commentary on Sir Charney's treatise. I "unfollow" or "unfriend" people who are always ranting about politics or religion, are always posting what they happen to be eating at the moment, and/or are aggressive personalities that seem to be arguing with everyone about everything. I do enjoy a couple of pages devoted to chivalry and I enjoy keeping up with friends and acquaintances who are doing similar things: HEMA, chivalry, enjoying life.

I want to thank you for your time in reading my posts on what I get out of Sir Charney's treatise and let me know what you think as I am open to discussion. 

And you echo what I do with facebook as I have managed by notification to show me what is important to me and not putting up things that are of no use to me and it helps with time management.  My purpose is to push or "preach" what is beneficial to everyone (ethical instructions & encouragement) and that is why I post many memes or pictures with quotes from De Charney, the famous Japanese Martial Arts masters etc. 

If you're on facebook send me a friend request so you can benefit from my posts and i want to add that unlike a majority of people on facebook who act normal or celebrity like on their pages but act in contrast in real life; I practice what i preach. 
The Round Table / Re: Pursuing the Knightly Arts
« Last post by jason77 on 2017-12-06, 16:40:55 »
Awesome guys! I got a chance to hang with them at the KC tournament. I promised them a beer...
« Last post by jason77 on 2017-12-06, 16:19:50 »
I've since gotten on FB and have meticulously chosen who I have as "friends." I did "like" your page and have read some of your commentary on Sir Charney's treatise. I "unfollow" or "unfriend" people who are always ranting about politics or religion, are always posting what they happen to be eating at the moment, and/or are aggressive personalities that seem to be arguing with everyone about everything. I do enjoy a couple of pages devoted to chivalry and I enjoy keeping up with friends and acquaintances who are doing similar things: HEMA, chivalry, enjoying life.
« Last post by Joshua Santana on 2017-12-03, 22:51:00 »
Unfortunately I am not on Facebook as I find it to be very un-chivalrous. However, perhaps your page will be a beacon of light for some people.

That is the point of the page, blog and Youtube channel, to be the beacon of Warrior Wisdom and Chivalry.
The Round Table / Re: Pursuing the Knightly Arts
« Last post by Joshua Santana on 2017-12-03, 22:49:54 »
Awesome group! 
The Round Table / Re: New translation of Iberian treatise
« Last post by Joshua Santana on 2017-12-03, 22:49:37 »
Awesome!
The Round Table / Re: Article Pertaining to the Defense of Women
« Last post by Joshua Santana on 2017-12-03, 22:49:09 »
I would say that to stop sexual harassment one must convince society to stop pursuing its glorification of lust, sex, and care free living.  Is it going to happen: likely no, but with enough people and a change in today's culture, it is possible to achieve it.

The reason why I feel that it is important for would-be modern knights to cultivate this skill is because, should we be successful in cultivating our character through The Code, we should be the sort of man that women would naturally approach for help with predatory men, just like "Clark," the man that the author had approached in her article. However, where "Clark" failed, we must not, not if we are to embody our highest ideals. Character must be paired with competence, or else we would be doing more harm than good.

You make a good point here, one must know the balance of being protective in contrast to being controlling.  A Knight of Today or the Modern Warrior must be one who understands the social nuances of today and must not be blind to the cultural arrogance that gives way to devaluing of women and sincere love. 

This is why we Modern Knights/Warriors must educate ourselves with Wisdom texts and how to apply what we learn in our daily actions.
This is very interesting. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10