"I fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times."
                -- Bruce Lee

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
The Round Table / Can real KNIGHTS exist in the modern day?
« Last post by Sir Edward on 2018-03-26, 17:28:37 »

Shadiversity has an interesting video that can make for a good topic here. I haven't watched the whole video yet, so you may need to take it with a grain of salt.

Can real KNIGHTS exist in the modern day?

The Courtyard / Re: Fighting in armor
« Last post by Cedric of Havenhall on 2018-02-27, 17:11:24 »
Pell work is important but the best way to feel comfortable and nimble in your armor is to use it as much as possible,  get out and swing steel (or rattan) as often as you can
The Campaign / Re: Pacific Northwest 14th Century Group
« Last post by Cedric of Havenhall on 2018-02-27, 17:08:14 »
There was one fellow that showed up a couple of times at the local SCA Branch (Barony of Dragons Laire) He had a beautiful kit and we fought well together but he got away before I could get mundane info and I haven't seen him since.  I keep hoping he will come back.
We have a great potential venue up here, a place called Camlann Village, just east of Seattle,  a living history village set in England in the 14th Century.  its a pretty incredible place and they are looking for reenactors to put on demos of armor and fighting. 
The Campaign / Re: Pacific Northwest 14th Century Group
« Last post by Thorsteinn on 2018-02-26, 23:21:06 »
No idea but I bet The 14th Cen Mafia on the book of faces knows. I have a few friends up there that love 14th cen kit.
The Campaign / Pacific Northwest 14th Century Group
« Last post by Cedric of Havenhall on 2018-02-23, 23:47:37 »
it seems that most of the 14th century groups are based on the East coast,  Are there any others here in the Northwest interested in getting together?
The Round Table / Re: Ever go" Nope, not gonna be one of them"?
« Last post by Sir Nate on 2018-02-10, 00:19:32 »
Have you ever had the feeling that the more you talk to the knights of a particular reenactment/medieval group, the less you would want to be one?
How can the Order keep that from happening?
I've always heard bad things about the SCA, enough so that I don't want to try and be a part of it at this time. Not because I doubt most of the people being good people, but Its not something Im even interested in all that much, and Id rather no deal with the drama.
I think whats important for any group is open dialogue among members. If a member is being unreasonably strict or harsh on newcomers, its the responsibility of fellow members to speak with that individual. If most of the members of that group are stuck up, I would just avoid dealing with them.
The Armoury / Re: Mail chausses/ Padding
« Last post by Thorsteinn on 2018-02-09, 21:34:43 »
Have you asked Historic Enterprises?
The Campaign / Re: Need Advice Regarding SCA Combat
« Last post by Cedric of Havenhall on 2018-02-07, 20:33:23 »
Try experimenting with some other fighting styles.  When I first started in the SCA (many, many years ago) I was skinny and had trouble hitting hard enough when fighting Sword and shield, then I discovered polearms and a whole new world opened up for me.  So try some other things until you find what works.  The important thing is to have fun with it. 
The Armoury / Re: Mail chausses/ Padding
« Last post by Ser Cor Volaire on 2018-02-05, 05:55:45 »
Looking for help with XIIIth Cen. style mail Chausses. I am trying to find a set of lace-back Chausses, riveted of course. My request is two-part; first any sources for the chausses themselves, secondly any help with fitting them properly. Authenticity is key for me.
The Round Table / Re: I Want To Be a 13th Century English Knight
« Last post by Ser Cor Volaire on 2018-01-23, 02:58:37 »
Sir William,
Any further updates on your project?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10