"Do not be tricked into thinking that there are no crocodiles just because the water is still."
                -- Malaysian Proverb

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
The Armoury / Re: New helmet
« Last post by Thorsteinn on 2019-10-31, 18:20:32 »
So mid-12th century, 300eur or less, no particular place of origin, and no need to actually fight with it under a specific set of rules?
The Courtyard / Re: Fighting in armor
« Last post by Thorsteinn on 2019-10-31, 18:18:19 »
Good. Pics?
The Courtyard / Re: Fighting in armor
« Last post by Patrick on 2019-09-06, 21:59:27 »
Yes, I am much more comfortable with the gear now. Thank you
« Last post by Gearmaker on 2019-08-24, 17:13:10 »
Hi,

around 300 euros.  the period;  I have a hauberk.  no plate armor.
think the 2nd crusade.

« Last post by Thorsteinn on 2019-08-18, 17:46:39 »
What is your budget and what crusade are you going for?
Stay away from Allentown (PA) as well, it's been going downhill for years. lots of places closing up shop and moving to better areas. The only thing it has going for it is it's international airport.

So shortly after that last post we moved to just outside Boston, then a year later to Raleigh. My wife is currently working as a Chef for one of the universities here.

You might want to think about the St. Paul / Minneapolis metro area (3.3 million).  The food and micro brew scene is exploding here.

Man I am still hoping we can move there next. We almost did move there the first time around by accident while driving through Des Moines. Still wondering if we did the right thing.
Stay away from Allentown (PA) as well, it's been going downhill for years. lots of places closing up shop and moving to better areas. The only thing it has going for it is it's international airport.
The Armoury / New helmet
« Last post by Gearmaker on 2019-08-09, 15:47:36 »
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a crusader helmet. (Battle ready)
Does anyone have experience with helmets from historical marshal? 
 I want a good finish.
I want a symmetrical shape.
I was thinking about "crusader spangen helmet"
https://www.thetimeseller.com/product/5753/0/0/1/2/Cabasset-with-Facial.htm
might someone have pictures of his helmet?

Thank you,

Jan
The Armoury / Re: Advice for improvement
« Last post by Thorsteinn on 2019-02-13, 19:46:52 »
Boots by Bohemond is your best bet. I've had a pair for years and they do great.

What kind of workout regime do you do to prepare for the 5k?
The Armoury / Re: Advice for improvement
« Last post by Tancreid de Rouen on 2019-01-29, 00:55:44 »
here's the most recent pictures I have. I replaced the helm with a nasal helm that fits my head tho I will admit i don't like the cross bands going across the top of it, the shoes are placeholders for some shoes I'm getting later on just wanted to not have those big boots haha. i added some more sturdy leather ties for the wrists after these pictures were taken (old ones snapped hence the bingo wings haha). Next on the list is making a better looking c-belt and completing a sword belt, then replacing shoes. I was thinking about getting turn shoes and adding a thin rubber sole to the bottom in order to actually be able to run the eventual 5k a bit more comfortably. That said anyone know of anyplace that sells some already like that? maybe a buhurt shop idk?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10