"The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time."
                -- Joe Girard

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Link didn't populate correctly.
The Armoury / Re: Surcoat pattern
« Last post by Sir Sondergaard on 2017-11-14, 12:20:02 »
I thank you Sir Patrick, just what I was looking for  :)
The Great Hall / Re: Hail Fellows
« Last post by Matthew of the Isles on 2017-11-14, 05:03:40 »

Matthew, the biggest thing that I can say is do your research into whatever period you're looking at. Authenticity is key, but at the same time don't break the bank. I watched a YouTube video that Sir Ian did on his channel (Knyght Errant) where he goes over his soft kit. I liked what he had to say about not overlooking the basics first. A lot of people will go straight for the weapons and armor, but your everyday gear is going to be the key stuff to get first in my opinion.
[/quote]

Thank you for the solid advice. No one has ever been steered wrong by being directed to Sir Ian's channel! The man is a veritable library in his own right.
The Great Hall / Re: Hello to all!
« Last post by Matthew of the Isles on 2017-11-14, 04:59:28 »
Hello, Nathan! While I would love to put together a grand harness like Sir Ian's, I think it would be better as a learning experience (and far more feasible for my poor wallet) if I were to create a 12th century mailled knight, especially with the discovery of less expensive, tailored maille outlets.

The wry, snarky knight within me suggests donning the classic Templar surcoat; as a broke graduate student with no marriage prospects, I appear to be a natural at poverty and chastity!
The Armoury / Re: Surcoat pattern
« Last post by Sir Patrick on 2017-11-13, 23:01:17 »
The Great Hall / Re: Hail Fellows
« Last post by Sir Patrick on 2017-11-13, 22:55:18 »
Welcome!
The Armoury / Re: Soft Kit
« Last post by Thorsteinn on 2017-11-12, 14:32:22 »
Not heard much of anyone but Matuls. Matuls is good last I heard but that was a while ago.
The Armoury / Surcoat pattern
« Last post by Sir Sondergaard on 2017-11-11, 14:29:41 »
Good afternoon good Sirs

I was wondering if any of you might have a sewing pattern for a 13th/14th century surcoat?
I havent been able to find any useful patterns, and the ones I made by freehand, doesnt really seem to be spot on.
So can anyone help?
The Round Table / Re: Why do you want to be a Knight?
« Last post by Sir Sondergaard on 2017-11-09, 15:25:28 »
It is`nt something I want to be - it is something I AM... Deep in my heart... Simple as that :-)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]