Miscellaneous > The Sallyport

Ancient Knightly Wisdom (True Quote, no matter the source)

(1/12) > >>

Thorsteinn:
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right and keeps on a-comin".
-Texas Ranger Captain William Jesse McDonald's personal motto.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a Wiccan. I'm not big on churches of any kind, despite the fact that I've spoken, face-to-face, with an archangel of the Almighty.

But there were some things I believed in. Some things I had faith in. And faith isn't about perfect attendance to services, or how much money you put on the little plate. It isn't about going skyclad to the Holy Rites, or meditating each day upon the divine.

Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others--even when there's not going to be anyone telling you what a hero you are.

Faith is a power of its own, and one even more elusive and difficult to define than magic."

and

"There are things you can't walk away from. Not if you want to live with yourself afterward."
- Harry Dresden, "The Dresden Files'.

Sir William:
I like those...well put.

Thorsteinn:
Thanks!

Got one?

Sir William:
Nothing I haven't already said previously.  ;)

Thorsteinn:
"If you're a guy full of sh** without the gold medal...when you get the gold medal, you're still a guy full of sh**"- Didier Berthod, First Ascent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version