"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."
                -- Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180)

Author Topic: The War God Series,The Ellenium, & Harry Dresden.  (Read 4259 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
The War God Series,The Ellenium, & Harry Dresden.
« on: 2011-03-10, 22:36:08 »
Personally I really like the Paladin's Prince Bahzel Banaksen from David Weber's 'War God Series', Sir Sparkhawk and Co. from David Edding's 'The Ellenium', and Harry Dresden & the Knights of the Cross from Jim Butchers 'The Dresden Files' (as well as Tavi Calderon from the Codex Alera).

Thoughts?

-Ivan
« Last Edit: 2011-03-10, 22:38:39 by RauttSkegg »
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: The War God Series,The Ellenium, & Harry Dresden.
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-11, 14:55:18 »
I have heard of the Dresden Files but never read them; the other two, this is the first I've heard of either.  The War God series seems of interest, I'll look up Eddings' Ellenium a bit later to see what that's about.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-24, 23:49:13 »
I think all of them (and quite a few more from the Codex Alera) are Knights.

Harry Dresden is a Theologically Neutral. He KNOWS that's various Gods exist. Heck, by book 10 he's met the #1 girls of both Fae courts, Odin, several archangels, and a spirit guide or 2. He simply refuses to worship them.

And he is a Knight, through and through. So is Sgt Karen Murphy. There is a reason why he has a Temple DOg looking out for him as well as being the caretaker for 2 of the 3 Swords of the Cross.
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-25, 01:31:31 »
never heard of these. thanks