Main > The Round Table

Fun with photoshop

<< < (16/35) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-03-15, 20:54:17 ---
Added mugs and bottles to the cafepress shop with a Modern Chivalry logo. :)

http://www.cafepress.com/modernchivalry

--- End quote ---

Added logo shirts etc.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-03-18, 17:50:16 ---Tricky, but not impossible. If everyone took a photo with a plain grey surcoat, it wouldn't be hard to color-adjust them. I say grey, since white and black run the risk of being over or under exposed to the point of losing the fabric texture and wrinkle details. And with other colors, it can reflect on other parts of the armor. So if one person wears pink and someone else green, and then I color-adjust them all to be what we want, your eye can pick up on subtle details that are hard to fix, and thus it looks "fake".

Then again, sometimes there's a lot you can do as long as the lighting's pretty neutral.

--- End quote ---

It's been a long while since I've fiddled with photoshop for anything non-work (see: fun), and I still use PS7 (5 gens old?), but you can "select" the surcoat, then adjust > desaturate and it will make the color (red, green, blue, whatever) turn to grey. It would work best with single-color tunics without a COA of course, it's possible, but a little meticulous. I'm not sure if the newer CS versions handle it better, but I'd wager 20-30 minutes per person of effort with poster-sized images. :(

Sir Edward:
Oh yeah, desaturation or color adjusting is pretty easy. I suggested grey just to avoid over- or under-exposure in the camera (and as a solid color to avoid having to remove details, etc).

Sir Edward:
After posting in another thread about my "sword in the stone" wallpaper image, I thought I'd share how it went together. Here's the image again (clickable for the wallpaper-sized image), and the attachments are the images I started with:

The image is actually pretty heavily layered. I added a radial gradient that enhanced the color, putting an aqua tone in the lower left and a green tone in the upper right, but leaving the golden colors alone in the beams in the middle. There's a subtle dust layer following the sunbeam angles, and a glow around the glare on the rock and sword. Manually added some starbursts on the hilt. The rock's color balance is heavily tweaked (using three different tools) to make the grass color and illumination fit the theme a little better and take the blues out of the rock.

Sir Brian:
OMG! I didn't realize you actually put that image together! I thought you found it on the
web somewhere!

That's freaking awesome!

My job causes me to miss to much stuff!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version