Main > The Round Table

Fun with photoshop

<< < (33/35) > >>

RackThor:
Well done Sir Edward, and I must say this looks like fun. Once I finish my kit I will join the "club" so to speak.

Ian:
Fooling around with oil paint portrait effects.  Not entirely sure if the 'frame' adds or takes away from it.

Sir Edward:

That is a really cool effect. I'm not sure which version is better either. They both look really good.

B. Patricius:
that is an awesome effect Sir Ian!  I'm kind of squishy about the frame myself, maybe because it is digital, it automatically leads the eye to believe the painting is made that way too?  Man, I need to get some pics up of my kit ASAP.  One, for fear of Sir Wolf nailing me with my "probationary period is up Brother Patricius, here is your BAN!! Ye been warned!!"  ;D and two, so that maybe some of you can play with my pics as well.  All of those tricks turned out awesome, and I do love that oil painting technique.  It doesn't hurt that your kit Sir Ian is top notch to begin with.  I do think though the shading, particularly within the face makes it more a renaissance painting looking back on the 14th century, rather than a 14th century painting.  By the time DaVinci and them showed up paintings did become as nice and detailed as any of today's cameras can make.

In relation to the previous posts earlier about Bieber (now running around shaking the hex off :D) and so forth I bring you these:

and my final trump:
lolololololol

Lord Dane:
I like the oil finish look. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version