"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."
                -- Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180)

Author Topic: Spartacus: Gods of the Arena  (Read 3228 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena
« on: 2011-02-28, 20:49:38 »
Has anyone caught this prequel on Starz?  It takes place prior to the events of Spartacus: Blood in the Sand.  I'm pretty sure everyone on here is somewhat familiar with the history of Spartacus, the man - these shows take that story and inject it with Hollywood intrigue and 300 style combat.  I doubt much of it is historical beyond the costumes and some of the characters - but I must tell you, it is quite entertaining to watch!

Going back to this prequel, I caught the season finale last night and I gotta say- the final fight was exhilarating!  The whole series is...but this was the first time I'd ever seen that many fighters in one arena and it was bloody to say the least.  I was roaring right along with them it was awesome!

Just wanted to share...see if anyone else was on it.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€