Main > The Round Table

Brian Price / Chivalry Bookshelf / Revival controversy

<< < (8/9) > >>

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote ---This is the Thread that never Ends,
It goes on and on my Friends,
Ivanis Started Posting it just looking for a Book,
But now everyones complaing about what Brain Price took.

This is the Thread that never Ends,
Ivanis Started Posting just looking for a Book,

This is the Thread that never Ends,
Ivanis Started Posting just looking for a Book,

etc etc etc,

Sorry I think I channeled Lambchop for a min.

Rey
----------------------------------
--- End quote ---

Found at the top of page 23.  ;D ;D :D

Sir Edward:
Fantastic!

http://talbotsfineaccessories.com/books/guiltfree.html

Talbot is selling the books he received from Brian Price as payment to settle his long-standing debt. He's splitting the money evenly over himself, the authors, and the Wounded Warriors Project, and is selling the books at 25% off the cover price.

This is a FANTASTIC time to get "In Service of the Duke", since the $135 price-tag is probably the cheapest you'll ever get it for, and it's putting money back into Christian Tobler's hands, who so far has not received a penny in royalties for this title.

Anyway, just thought I'd announce this here.

Sir Rodney:
Excellent News!

(edited to mention I'm talking about Secrets of German Medieval Swordsmanship: Sigmund Ringeck's Commentaries on Liechtenauer by Christian Tobler.  Sorry, I was too excited by the announcement!  ;) )

Folks, don't be fooled by Amazon's $33 offer that "usually ships within 1 - 3 weeks".  They are/were simply reselling Brian Price's stock of which he has none (or very little) now.

The lowest legitimate offer on Amazon for a new book is $50 plus shipping.  Compare that with Talbot's $45 plus shipping and the fact that both the authors AND the Wounded Warrior's Project will be getting a cut! :)

Sir Edward:

I just ordered myself a copy of Greg Mele's book, since that was the only one of the three in this offer that I didn't have.

Christian Tobler's "Secrets" has some portions that are out of date now, and he'll probably revise if he manages to re-publish at a later time, but it's still a good book.

Thorsteinn:
I got a copy of Spada 2 from a safe source a few days back and also just paid for a used copy of The Swordsmans Companion.

If I had the cash to I'd also get a copy of Greg Mele's book but, alas, no job yet. :(

-Ivan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version