Main > The Round Table

Brian Price / Chivalry Bookshelf / Revival controversy

<< < (7/9) > >>

Sir Edward:
http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1939658#1939658

--- Quote from: Talbot ---Today, Brian's compensation for the armour owed to me but never delivered arrived. I have several cases of books. There are three titles present.

Secrets of German Medieval Swordsmanship by Christian Henry Tobler
In Service of the Duke  by Christian Henry Tobler
Arte Gladiatoria: 15th century Swordsmanship of Filippo Vadi by Luca Porzio and Gregory Mele.

Brian's debt to me for this armour is settled.

I will now work with the authors to figure out what to do with them. The good news is you will soon be able to purchase them free from guilt. If anyone is looking for copies please PM or email me. Once I have gotten them to the authors we can get you the books.
--- End quote ---

BTW, "In Service of the Duke" is freakin' awesome. As I said earlier, this is as close as you're going to get to having a real period manuscript on your bookshelf. It's a full-color reproduction, leather bound on archival paper. Heirloom quality. I highly encourage people to look into it if they can afford it.

I have #459/900. It makes me mad that Christian hasn't seen a penny in royalties for this book.

Sir Rodney:
I have emailed Talbot this evening and he has already responded.  I have a copy of "Secrets" and "Gladiatoria" on hold pending his conversations with the authors.  "In service of the Duke" has always interested me.  I have never seen a copy, but everyone who has a copy says it's outstanding!  The only thing holding me back was the price although it sounds well worth the coin.

Sir Ancelyn:
Well Coach Pamela, may be a while before I can find a copy of that book.

This is what I get for not reading all the threads, interesting things happen and I miss them. :-)

Sir Patrick:
Sir Ancelyn, you're alive! :D

Sword Chick:

--- Quote from: Sir Ancelyn on 2011-03-13, 11:45:39 ---Well Coach Pamela, may be a while before I can find a copy of that book.

This is what I get for not reading all the threads, interesting things happen and I miss them. :-)

--- End quote ---

As wonderful as the books that had been put out by CB are, I would not spend an extraordinary amount of time trying to procure a copy, especially since you can find some truly great goodies at Freelance Academy Press.  I would highly recommend any of their titles.

http://www.freelanceacademypress.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version