Main > The Round Table

Another chivalry essay

<< < (2/2)

Sir Patrick:
Great essay, Sir Edward!  I loved your interpretation of how chivalry evolves over time.  It serves to show us that chivalry never truely dies.

Sir James A:
Great job, Sir Edward.

It reminds me of an article I read a while ago that discussed how the concept of Bushido is said to be over a thousand years old, but should really be tied to around the late 16th century, as "true" samurai became philosophers and advisers, and moved away from being primarily swordsmen. That led up towards the "Victorian" era of Japan, in that the ideals of Bushido started becoming "standardized" very similar to how Chivalry was documented more as rules and not just a generic behavior.

I held the door open for a lady at the office building last week. When I opened the door, she stood and looked at me, so I stepped behind the door and held it, making it clear that I was holding it for her, and not frozen stiff (it was quite windy). She walked through, turned around, and said "Wow. Thank you.", as if I'd just rescued her from a burning building while everyone else was trampling her to get out. Such a simple thing to do, yet, it happens so seldom.

Sir William:
You sent her away with a thought, believe it.

Joshua Santana:
Well Done Sir Edward!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version